You Can't Be Serious:
An inner-city teacher a-muses about school and life
by Larry Berliner
FROM THE AUTHOR:
It's taken me more than ten years to write this book. I wrote it and rewrote it until I was happy. Now it's your turn to be happy – and you only have to read it once. Afterwards, I think you'll agree:
You can't be serious!
* an unorthodox teaching career featuring carnivorous students, unruly parents – and Goldberg.
* a misguided ROTC cadet who valiantly captured the wrong hill.
* the decline and fall of daily conversation – and stuff like that.
* how the cell phone has become our weapon of choice.
* the naked truth about family vacations. (Do you prefer bare or bear?)
* why yoga's Downward Dog may leave you barking up the wrong tree.
* how the Marlboro Man morphed into E.D. Man.
* some questionable medical breakthroughs – As Seen on TV.
But wait, there's more!